Cayenne air suspension level sensor fault
I've had this for 3 or 4 weeks now - initially it was fairly intermittent (for some reason, it rarely came on in the morning, but always triggered immediately when I was leaving work) - but now it's constant, and can't be cleared.

Air suspension failure / workshop shows up on dash. Code reader suggests it's a front left level sensor problem.

I initially checked the connector, sprayed it with WD40 etc - but it looked very clean anyway. I've now changed the sensor and that has made no difference at all.

I suspect a wiring / connector fault even though there is nothing obvious wrong - I will take another proper look at it this evening. I don't really expect to find anything though, since my cursory check yesteday found no sign of problems at all.

The other slightly odd thing is that - after changing the sensor last night, I tried logging the output from all 4 sensors - and couldn't get anything out of any of them.

Thought it was worth a post in case somebody has had a problem like this before and solved it.
Have you checked the sensors voltages? Depending on your diag software you might be able to see it on there. On mine i have three at approx 2.4v and one showing 0v which is a possible clue. I guess you could check voltages at the plug to confirm they are there. It's a three wire device, so most likely ground +5v and signal . I have exactly the same issue. Front left. Will try to update this thread when i have it sorted.
The sensor will have to be calibrated when a new one is fitted.
just to update. I sourced a replacement used sensor from ebay and that fixed it. You MUST recalibrate the controller after you fit the sensor as the controller places an offset in it's memory and the new sensor will be slightly off. I have found that there are a few part numbers for the sensor, depending on spec. Mine had Xenon's and was a different part no to others. I have found that the Touareg uses the same system and sensors and that's what my sensor came off.be careful that you get the correct part number sensor. these sensors measure angle and you would not want the wrong one.
(10-12-2020, 07:24 PM)Muttley Wrote: just to update. I sourced a replacement used sensor from ebay and that fixed it. You MUST recalibrate the controller after you fit the sensor as the controller places an offset in it's memory and the new sensor will be slightly off. I have found that there are a few part numbers for the sensor, depending on spec. Mine had Xenon's and was a different part no to others. I have found that the Touareg uses the same system and sensors and that's what my sensor came off.be careful that you get the correct part number sensor. these sensors measure angle and you would not want the wrong one.

Yup Recalibration is a must, glad you got this sorted!